Due to stress, occupational stress, use of electronic devices before sleep, many people don’t sleep properly. If there is a long way, there can be many problems. But there are different disagreements about how much sleep should be done every day. There are seven hours to ten hours of this opinion.
Sleep Time Guidelines
Charles Czeisler, a professor at Harvard University, and his team between 2004 to 2014 conducted a research and expressed that how can insufficient sleeping affect our health & how many hours should every age group really sleep per day . Let’s take a look at their expression about how many hours we need to sleep according to our Age.
* Older adults (65+ ages): 7-8 hours (new age category).
* Adults (age from 26 to 64 years): 7-9 hours.
* Younger adults (age from 18 to 25 Years): 7-9 hours (new age category)
* Teenagers (age from 14 to 17 Years): 8-10 hours (previously it was 8.5-9.5)
* School age children (age from 6 to 13 Years): 9-11 hours (previously it was 10-11)
* Preschoolers (age from 3 to 5 Years): 10-13 hours (previously it was 11-13)
* Toddlers (age from 1 to 2 Years): 11-14 hours (previously it was 12-14)
* Infants (age from 4 to 11 months): 12-15 hours (previously it was 14-15)
* Newborns (age from 0 to 3 months): 14-17 hours each day (previously it was 12-18).
Ending words for sleep time
Sleeping well every night as much as you need. Otherwise, your health and mind will suffer the most and you will be constantly tired. The few symptoms that are most common in sleep deficient people. These are -Not productive during the day, Overweight or gaining weight, Caffeine is needed to live through the day and Sleepy when driving.
Other things you can do are stay within your schedule, develop a bedtime routine, exercise every day, make sure your mattress and pillow suits you, turn off the TV, avoid alcohol or caffeine before bedtime.