Mother’s milk is sufficient for the baby as baby food from birth to five months of age. At this time the child should not be given any other food. After five months the baby will be given extra food as well as the mother’s milk. Although the amount of milk on the mother’s chest doesn’t decrease after five months. However, during this time the baby needs extra nutrients holding baby food. So, children have to give other foods. The child can eat mother’s milk for two years with other meals.
Infant feeding guidelines as baby food
Five months from birth
– As soon as the birth, the mother will feed breast milk to the baby as soon as possible.
– Every time a child cries, they’ve to give him milk as baby food.
– Before breastfeeding, clean the nipple and make the baby face.
If you don’t have enough milk in the chest, if you use ‘metoclopramide’ as suggested by the doctor, milk in the chest will increase. If it doesn’t work or if it isn’t possible to give breast milk to the child, then the doctor should consult the advice.
– After four months of age, the children gain some strong digestion capacity. Then consult the expert’s advice.
Six months to two years
– Feed the baby four or five times a day. Usually eat at 6 o’clock in the morning, at 10 am, at 2 pm, at 6 pm, and at 9 pm or 10 pm also. Every child will eat five to eight ounces each time.
– milk at 6 am. Dried milk mixed with sugar or rice powder mixed with milk.
– At 10 am, eggs, semolina, hodgepodge, paise, fruit juice etc.
– At 2 pm, rice, fish, meat, vegetables, fruits. At the end of the meal, if the baby wants to drink milk, you should give milk.
– At 6:00 am like 10 am
– 9 pm to 10 pm like 6 am.
The vegetables that will be consumed in the vegetables are:
Carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, potatoes, lentils, brinjal, crisp, shrimp, chapatti, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, red cheese, pumpkin spinach, garlic etc also.
The fruits that’ll be fed to the child are bananas, oranges, papaya, guava, apple, grapes etc.
Two years to five years
– Children from two to five years can eat all the food for adults. He will have to eat four or five times a day. At this time, you’ll give a special attention to food calories. There are 1300 kilocals in the food of two year’s child, 1500 kilocals in three years of child feeding, 1600 kilocals in four-year child feed and 1700 kilocals in five-year-old baby food also.
– 7 am: eggs, bread, fried, semolina, khichuri or pulse-bread also. Milk and fruit at the end.
– 12 noon: rice, fish, meat, pulses, vegetables. If you want to eat at the end, milk.
– 5 pm: like 7 am in the morning.
– 9 pm at night: like 12 noon.
– If you want to eat five times a day, after breakfast, give breakfast at 10 am after breakfast. Then lunch will be between 1 pm and 1.30 pm.
To read more… How to serve Interesting foods for your children?