How to care of ‘ALLERGY’?.
Allergy definition or What are allergies ? or What’s an allergy?
Allergies are hypersensitive reactions of the body against usually harmless substance, e.g. dust, pollen, food, etc. manifestations –
* Respiratory allergies: rhinitis, asthma or hay fever.
* Intestinal allergies: vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
* Skin allergies: mild skin reddening to urticaria, hives or dermatitis, commonly observed in various area of the skin including the eyes (allergic conjunctivitis)
Seriously allergy could result in anaphylactic shock characterized by agitation, breathing difficulty and wheezing, fast heart rate, cold sweat, clammy skin, hives, abdominal cramps, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, collapse, convulsions, and if untreated death.
Types or Causes of allergy.
There are various types of allergies are caused by which of the following:
- Food allergy such as- Rice allergy, Garlic allergy, Wine allergy).
- Medicine allergy. such as- Penicillin allergy or Amoxicillin allergy )
- Fruit allergy (Pineapple allergy or Strawberry allergy or Nut allergy).
- Austin allergy.
- Allergy Headache.
- Allergy season. such as- it hold spring Allergy symptoms.
- Animal allergy. ( allergic to dog, cat allergy, Dog food allergy)
- Allergy to mold like Dust allergy or dust mil allergy, ash allergy.
- Allergies in Child.
Severe allergy attack Symptoms & Signs:
Symptoms of allergy are limitless and can affect any part of the body. They can cause a wide variety of distressing psychological symptoms and in many cases both. They can mimic symptoms of other illness. It is impossible to list all the symptoms, which causes allergic reactions or intolerance. Sign and symptoms of allergies include:
allergic asthma, Abdominal pain, Allergy a sore throat, catarrh, rhinitis, wheezing, exhaustion, swelling, visual disturbances, weeping or itching eyes, running nose, sneezing, sinusitis, ringing in the ears, sore throat, cough, hoarseness, asthma, bronchitis and other breathing difficulties, Palpitation, chest pains, nausea, faintness, diarrhoea, constipation, bloating, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, urticaria, cramps, convulsions, pains and needles, numbness, abnormal menstruation, eczema, other skin complaints, mouth ulcers.
Moreover you can face arthritis, psoriasis, backache, prurient, water retention, dark puffy circles under the eyes, debility, drowsiness, a feeling of being drugged, sweating unrelated to exercise, frequent urination or bedwetting, lack of libido, mental confusion, irritability or aggressiveness, depression, nightmares, hyperactivity, learning difficulties, inability to concentrate, nervousness, anxiety, clumsiness, food addictions, blood pressure raising, obesity, migraine, headaches, epilepsy, agoraphobia etc.
Advice to the Patient:
- If we don’t know the cause of the allergy, avoid it as much as possible.
- If the allergy is caused by a drug, stop the use of drug immediately and resume only after a physician has been consulted. Also, The physician should be informed of any known drug allergy at each consultation.
- If the allergy induced Itch is severe, use calamine or other anti-itch preparations. Further scratching may exacerbate the symptom.
- If you face allergy complication or an allergic reaction, Go to asthma allergy center or asthma allergy care where an asthma allergy doctor or allergy specialist is available. sometimes he may suggest allergy injection and have it finally.
- Keep the home clean and allergen free at all time.
* Instruct the patient in the medication and how to use it properly, i.e. name of the medication, frequency of dosages etc.
* Incase where the allergic symptoms are intakes, instruct the patient to consult a dermatologist immediately.
* In the case of exacerbation despite treatment, instruct the patient to consult a dermatologist immediately.
* This exacerbation may lead to anaphylactic shock.
* al last, Discuss advice to the patient thoroughly for more information the prevention and management of allergy.